Reasons to be angry:
- Boys will be boys unless they are black boys and especially if they are Brett Kavanaugh.
- A woman is beaten every nine seconds in America (Men Explain Things to Me, Rebecca Solnit, 2014). NINE SECONDS. NINE SECONDS.
- The Corvallis School District in Oregon is considering cancelling dances for high schoolers because boys can’t stop sexually assaulting girls. HMMMM…maybe Corvallis School District should stop punishing girls for the predatory behavior of boys.
- The Wall Street Journal let an accused assaulter have an OpEd but didn’t give the same voice to his accusers. And by the way, what a whiney baby.
- Not one republican has signed on to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act. NOT ONE.
I love the women who are angry.
I love the women who are channeling their anger into taking action, no matter what the action is.
I love the women who are finding their voice for the first time and the one millionth time.
Turn rage into change.
Here is an action you can be a part of.
If you want to say something and speak out but have no idea how, check out this kick ass FREE handbook right here! #MakePatriarchyFearYou
It’s Friday, fuck shit up y’all,
Dr. Melissa Bird