I grew up with a grandma who was obsessed with Emily Post. Manners ruled everything in her house. She was old school with a side of feminism mixed in. We did not mess around with swearing (that never caught on), napkins on our lap (I nearly didn’t go on a 2nd date with my husband because of it), or handwritten thank you notes (always, always, always write them).
Personally I am a stickler for 2 out of 3 as is evident of my swear word sailor mouth.
We are taught by polite society that Natural Born Rebels:
- Aren’t enough.
- Will have consequences if we don’t behave.
- Aren’t good enough to be listened to around the dinner table or the boardroom table.
Women who are choking on the message of polite society are:
- Tired of being told their opinions are wrong or are insignificant
- Want to make a meaningful impact in their communities but feel shamed or shunned
- Ready to drop the self doubt and feelings of unworthiness
If you are ready for your primary feeling state to be:
Give the Heimlich Maneuver to polite society and the patriarchy!
Hurry and sign up there are only 7 seats left! Enroll before July 1 and you will be entered to WIN a 1/2 day 1:1 online coaching package with me valued at $2500 dollars! For more details click here!
It’s Friday, mess it up y’all!
Dr. Melissa Bird